Autonomous Women’s Center is a woman, non-governmental organization founded in 1993.
Autonomous Women’s Center’s work is based on the feminist principles and theory.
We believe that a life without violence s a basic human right and accordingly we provide specialist support to women and individual and institutional response to male violence against women, contributing to strengthening of the civil society.
- Preventive, informative and educational activities for women and public in general
- Consultative activities for women with trauma of male violence, interventions in situations of crisis, psychological support for overcoming the trauma of violence and legal support for enjoying the right on life without violence
- SOS phone service for psychological support, legal information and consultations, informing in the field of social protection, informing on other sources of support and community services
- Independent representation of beneficiaries in institutions and judicial and administrative proceedings
- Independent monitoring and evaluation: public services intervention, implementation of the laws, implementation of the public policies, making reports on violence against women and domestic violence (“shadow reports”)
- Education of representatives from non-governmental organizations and institutions.
- Analytical and research activities
- Cooperation and exchange with women’s organizations in the state, region and the world
- Civic and women’s activism
- Humanitarian activities for women from all discriminated groups
- Prevention of violence and education of young people
Project partner organisations: